- Donald Trump defends dictator Kim Jong Un, bashes Joe Biden from Japan - ABC News May 26, 2019Donald Trump defends dictator Kim Jong Un, bashes Joe Biden from Japan ABC NewsThe president spent time on the golf course with Shinzo Abe as well.View full coverage on Google News
- Strong earthquake in northern Peru felt across the region - CNN May 26, 2019Strong earthquake in northern Peru felt across the region CNNAn 8.0 magnitude earthquake struck northern Peru on Sunday morning, according to preliminary readings from the United States Geological Survey.View full coverage on Google News
- Ireland Votes Overwhelmingly to Ease Divorce Restrictions - The New York Times May 26, 2019Ireland Votes Overwhelmingly to Ease Divorce Restrictions The New York TimesDivorce referendum: Ireland votes to liberalise laws BBC NewsIreland to liberalize divorce laws following referendum CNN4 years of separation before divorce? Irish voters say no in a big way Los Angeles TimesIreland votes to liberalise divorce laws after referendum The GuardianView full coverage on Google News
- Iran will defend itself against any aggression: FM Zarif - Aljazeera.com May 26, 2019Iran will defend itself against any aggression: FM Zarif Aljazeera.comBeto O’Rourke: Sending more troops to Middle East risks 'yet another war' POLITICOO'Rourke says Trump 'provoking yet another war' by sending more troops to the Middle East CNNThe U.S. policy of maximum pressure against Iran has failed The Washington PostIranian FM visits Baghdad to discuss rising tensions with the US Al […]
- Trump awards ‘President’s Cup’ at sumo match in Japan - Fox News May 26, 2019Trump awards ‘President’s Cup’ at sumo match in Japan Fox NewsTrump Opens Tokyo Visit With a Tweet Sure to Unnerve the Japanese The New York TimesIn Japan, Trump praises Kim Jong Un, rails against U.S. border wall ruling POLITICOTrump arrives in Japan to meet with PM Abe and Japan's new emperor l ABC NEWS ABC NewsMelania tours digital art […]
- Who is Boris Johnson, the man poised to be the next British leader? - NBC News May 26, 2019Who is Boris Johnson, the man poised to be the next British leader? NBC NewsIn Contest to Succeed Theresa May, Stars Are Aligning for Boris Johnson The New York TimesAs Theresa May steps down, pro-Trump Brexiteer Boris Johnson is favorite to succeed her Fox NewsThe end of May — another Brexit victim | TheHill The HillWhat makes the Tories […]
Related Tags Blast
- After pipeline blast killed Dallas 12-year-old, Texas lawmakers pass bills to prevent gas explosions May 25, 2019AUSTIN -- Natural gas pipeline operators would be required to remove some of the most dangerous pipes in Texas under a bill headed to Gov. Greg Abbott […]
- Voit's blast helps Yankees to Game 1 win over Royals May 25, 2019Luke Voit’s two-run home run in the seventh inning helped lead the New York Yankees to a 7-3 victory over the host Kansas City Royals Saturday in the […]
- French launch manhunt for suspect behind Lyon blast that injured 13 May 25, 2019French officials have launched a manhunt for an individual suspected of leaving an explosive on a busy street in the French city of Lyon that injured […]
- French launch manhunt for suspect behind Lyon blast May 25, 2019The blast, which happened in broad daylight and in a public space, was possibly tied to a "terrorist enterprise," prosecutor Remy Heinz said […]
- Colorado’s Trevor Story rocks O’s with walk-off blast in the ninth May 24, 2019DENVER — It was a moment, in the scheme of a plodding baseball game, that represented not only the Baltimore Orioles’ high point in Friday’s 8-6 loss […]
- Renfroe's 3-run blast lifts Padres past Blue Jays May 24, 2019Hunter Renfroe hit a go-ahead, three-run homer in the eighth inning and the visiting San Diego Padres defeated the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 Friday night. […]
- Blast in French city of Lyon wounds 7 May 24, 2019An explosion Friday on a busy street in the French city of Lyon injured seven people, local officials said. The cause of the blast wasn't immedia […]
- French police hunt suitcase bomber after blast in Lyon injures 13 May 24, 2019Soaring gasoline prices peak just in time for Memorial Day... The biggest U.S. gasoline price surge in years is running out of steam just in time for […]
- Blast hits busy street in Lyon, France, injuring seven; suspect on bicycle sought May 24, 2019LYON, France — A "low force" blast hit a busy pedestrian street Friday in the French city of Lyon, injuring seven people as it shattered the […]
- Manhunt underway in Lyon, France, after blast leaves 13 injured May 24, 2019Lyon, France — Security tightened in France on Friday after a package bomb detonated outside a bakery in Lyon. Police and soldiers cordoned off the ar […]
- French police hunt suitcase bomber after blast in Lyon May 24, 2019LYON, May 24 (Reuters) - French police were hunting a suspected suitcase bomber on Friday after an explosion in the central city of Lyon that injured […]
- For the Mets, Carlos Gomez’s Blast Caps a Fraught Stretch on a High Note May 23, 2019Known as “Go Go” to his new teammates, Carlos Gomez, the veteran outfielder called up by the Mets from Class AAA last week, has brought energy and lou […]
Subscribe, ss world news studio, channel for more Lahore blast and breaking news.
8 Dead In Blast Near Sufi Shrine In Lahore; We Were Targets, Says Police
தமிழில் படிக்க বাংলায় পড়ুন
Blast in Lahore, Pakistan: Data Darbar shrine has been targeted previously, in a 2010 suicide attack that killed more than 40 people, and is guarded by heavy security.
Updated : May 08, 2019 13:02 IST
The blast comes as Pakistan marks the fasting month of Ramadan
Data Darbar is one of Pakistan’s oldest and most popular Sufi shrines
A suicide attack at Data Darbar in 2010 had killed more than 40 people
Lahore: A blast at one of Pakistan’s oldest and most popular Sufi shrines killed at least eight people, news agency Press Trust of India reported, and wounded 24 in the eastern city of Lahore Wednesday, police said, as the country marks the fasting month of Ramadan.
Police have said they are still investigating the nature of the blast, which occurred near the entrance gate for female visitors to the 11th-century Data Darbar shrine, one of the largest Sufi shrines in South Asia.
Husks of vehicles littered the pavement near the shrine as first responders rushed to the scene while armed security forces fanned out in the area.