- Cyclone Idai: 300 to 400 bodies washed up on Mozambique road, eyewitness says - CNN March 22, 2019Cyclone Idai: 300 to 400 bodies washed up on Mozambique road, eyewitness says CNNCyclone Idai: How the storm tore into southern Africa BBC NewsDeath toll rises after cyclone drowns Mozambique ABC NewsDeath Toll Rises From Cyclone Idai As Rescuers Struggle To Reach Those Stranded NPRMany in need of rescue after southern African cyclone | Al Jazeera English Al Jazeera EnglishView […]
- Syria condemns Trump's stance on Golan Heights sovereignty - Aljazeera.com March 22, 2019Syria condemns Trump's stance on Golan Heights sovereignty Aljazeera.comIsraeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Thanks Trump For Golan Heights Recognition | TIME TIMEGolan Heights, Brexit, N.C.A.A. Basketball: Your Friday Briefing The New York TimesTrump support of Golan Heights sovereignty and Netanyahu visit continue US special relationship with Israel Fox NewsIsrael’s Golan Heights The Wall Street JournalView full coverage on Google News
- Two US service members killed in Afghanistan - Fox News March 22, 2019Two US service members killed in Afghanistan Fox NewsUS forces say 2 American service members killed in Afghanistan New York Post 2 US troops killed on a mission in Afghanistan CNNAfghanistan conflict: Two US soldiers killed on operation BBC NewsTwo U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan, NATO coalition says The Washington PostView full coverage on Google News
- "We knew we'd be blown up one day": China chemical plant blast kills dozens, injures hundreds, triggers small earthquake - CBS News March 22, 2019"We knew we'd be blown up one day": China chemical plant blast kills dozens, injures hundreds, triggers small earthquake CBS NewsChina chemical blast death toll rises to 47 BBC NewsChemical factory blast in China's Jiangsu kills 47 QuartzDozens dead after chemical plant explosion in China CBS NewsXi Jinping Orders Rescue Effort After Chemical Plant Blast Kills 47 BloombergView full coverage […]
- Rosenstein letter offers potential road map to special counsel Robert Mueller's probe - ABC News March 22, 2019Rosenstein letter offers potential road map to special counsel Robert Mueller's probe ABC NewsSessions returns to DOJ to receive his Cabinet chair Washington ExaminerJeff Sessions honored by Justice Department officials past and present, given Cabinet chair CBS NewsJeff Sessions, mocked then fired by President Trump, returns to Justice for applause and a chair USA TODAYJeff Sessions returns to Justice […]
- Kosovo grapples with bloody past 20 years after NATO's first war - NBC News March 22, 2019Kosovo grapples with bloody past 20 years after NATO's first war NBC NewsKosovo is one of the most pro-American places on Earth thanks to a U.S.-led bombing campaign that began 20 years ago Sunday.
Related Tags Breaking
- Fighter on Fighter: Breaking down UFC Fight Night 148’s Anthony Pettis March 21, 2019Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Lightweight kingpin, Anthony Pettis, will jump up a division to face the Welterweight division’s Karate Ki […]
- BREAKING: Trump says ‘it is time’ for the U.S. to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, a boost for Bibi March 21, 2019NEW, FROM THE PRESIDENT at 12:50 p.m.: “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights […]
- Conway on husband's feud with Trump: 'I'm not being asked to choose' March 21, 2019White House counselor Kellyanne Conway and her husband George Conway arrive for a candlelight dinner at Union Station on the eve of the 58th president […]
- WWE Rumors: New Day Breaking Up For Different Reason March 21, 2019WWE CEO Vince McMahon screwed Kofi Kingston yet again in the last edition of WWE Smackdown, denying the Dreadlocked Dynamo of his chance at Daniel Bry […]
- New Zealand guns, Democrats target Trump's base & March Madness: The Morning Rundown March 21, 2019People kneel for prayer during a vigil to remember victims of the mosque attacks in Christchurch, New Zealand on Thursday.Carl Court / Getty Images Br […]
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Will Be a Sequel That Airs on Netflix Before AMC March 3, 2019Back in November we reported that a Breaking Bad movie was in the works and that it might follow Aaron Paul’s Jesse Pinkman. Now THR confirms that the […]
- When is the Breaking Bad movie released on Netflix? February 27, 2019It’s really happening: a Breaking Bad movie, which will follow Aaron Paul’s Jesse Pinkman in the years after the series finale, is in the works. The w […]
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie May Be a Sequel That Follows Aaron Paul’s Jesse Pinkman February 26, 2019Last night, in the midst of a massive U.S. election, some pretty huge entertainment news also dropped with the leak that a Breaking Bad movie is not o […]
- Breaking: Can dance make the Olympics more urban? February 21, 2019Breaking, or breakdancing, could be part of the Olympics for the first time, after it was proposed to the International Olympic Committee. The lead or […]
- 2024 Olympics Set To Become Much Cooler With Inclusion Of Breaking February 21, 2019After its successful trial run at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires this past October, Paris 2024 organizers have decided to put breaking i […]
- Record-breaking jet stream accelerates air travel; flight clocks in at 801 mph February 19, 2019On Monday night, the river of air 35,000 feet above the New York City area, known as the jet stream, clocked in at a blazing 231 mph. This is the fast […]
- Flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds February 19, 2019Tuesday is a nice day across the Northeast. Temperatures near 40 in New York, light winds out of the north at 5 mph to 10 mph, and wall-to-wall sunshi […]
Brexit: DUP welcomes ‘renewed focus’ on their concerns after talks
The DUP has welcomed the government’s “renewed focus” on addressing its objections to the Brexit deal ahead of next week’s third Commons vote.The party has twice voted against the deal over concerns it would see Northern Ireland treated differently from the rest of the UK.After talks with ministers in London, its Westminster leader Nigel Dodds said it was still seeking extra guarantees.His party “wanted to get a deal but it had to be the right deal”, he said.Mr Dodds spent Friday afternoon in meetings with key cabinet figures – including Chancellor Philip Hammond and Environment Secretary Michael Gove – as the government seeks to persuade MPs to support its deal when it returns to the Commons.
The third “meaningful vote” on Mrs May’s deal is expected by 20 March and, if agreed, the prime minister has promised to seek a short extension to the Brexit departure date of 29 March, after MPs voted in favour of a delay. If it fails to gain support, having already been defeated in the Commons by large margins twice, Mrs May has warned a longer extension may be needed and the UK may have to take part in European elections. The 10 votes provided by the DUP, which has a parliamentary pact with the Conservatives, are thought to be key to the prime minister securing her deal. Some Tory Brexiteers who have also criticised the backstop – a fallback arrangement designed to avoid the return of physical checks on the Irish border – and voted against the deal are now pledging their support to avoid a long extension.
James Gray said he will vote for the “obnoxious” deal “after a great deal of soul-searching”, and described those who said they would oppose any deal as “total extremists”. And former cabinet minister Esther McVey – who resigned her role over Mrs May’s Brexit deal – also suggested she might vote in favour of it.Some MPs have suggested looking into The Democratic Unionists welcome a “renewed focus” on their objections ahead of third Commons vote. News Today, Breaking News, Breaking news today, US News, UK News, trump news, World news