Like Us On Facebook
- Water Main Break Cancels Classes in Susquehanna County - WNEP Scranton/Wilkes-Barre November 15, 2019Water Main Break Cancels Classes in Susquehanna County WNEP Scranton/Wilkes-Barre […]
- Cruise passenger is arrested by the FBI in Puerto Rico for breaking his girlfriend's jaw - Daily Mail November 15, 2019Cruise passenger is arrested by the FBI in Puerto Rico for breaking his girlfriend's jaw Daily Mail […]
- Man accused of breaking businessman Kevin Lunney's nose to contest charges of assaulting police officers - Wexford People November 15, 2019Man accused of breaking businessman Kevin Lunney's nose to contest charges of assaulting police officers Wexford People […]
- The dawn of break - Livemint November 15, 2019The dawn of break Livemint […]
- Wales live breaking news plus traffic, weather and travel updates (Friday, November 15) - WalesOnline November 15, 2019Wales live breaking news plus traffic, weather and travel updates (Friday, November 15) WalesOnline […]
- Hong Kong protests: Man dies amid clashes - BBC News November 15, 2019Hong Kong protests: Man dies amid clashes BBC NewsStudent protesters fortify campus occupations as Hong Kong braces for more violence CNNHighways on Fire. Semesters Cut Short. A Recession. Can Hong Kong Heal? The New York TimesChina's Xi Calls for End of Violence in Hong Kong BloombergU.S. senators seek quick passage of Hong Kong rights bill ReutersView full coverage on Google […]
- Trump hikes price tag for US forces in Korea almost 500% as Seoul questions alliance - CNN November 15, 2019Trump hikes price tag for US forces in Korea almost 500% as Seoul questions alliance CNNU.S. Vows to Defend South Korea With Full Military Force Following Pyongyang Threats NewsweekNorth Korea rebuffs US offer of December talks Al Jazeera EnglishNorth Korea says will unilaterally remove South Korean facilities at Mt Kumgang if South insists on talks ReutersNorth Korea threatens military […]
- State Department official who overheard Trump phone call on Ukraine has experience speaking his mind - The Washington Post November 15, 2019State Department official who overheard Trump phone call on Ukraine has experience speaking his mind The Washington PostRussian spies likely intercepted ambassador's cell phone call with Trump CNNTop diplomat to Ukraine reveals staffer heard Trump talk about investigating Bidens CBS NewsThe president, not diplomats, sets 'official foreign policy' | TheHill The HillDevin Nunes is bravely defending Trump. That's bad […]
- Besieged on all sides, Gordon Sondland clings to power - Washington Post November 15, 2019Besieged on all sides, Gordon Sondland clings to power Washington PostSecond U.S. embassy official reportedly heard Trump call with Sondland POLITICOU.S. envoy Sondland did not link Biden probe to aid: Ukraine minister ReutersAmbassador’s cellphone call to Trump from Kyiv restaurant was a stunning breach of security, former officials say The Washington PostWho is Gordon Sondland? The Envoy With a […]
- Rep. Jordan On Giuliani's Role In Ukraine Strategy: Trump Can 'Have Who He Wants' - NPR November 15, 2019Rep. Jordan On Giuliani's Role In Ukraine Strategy: Trump Can 'Have Who He Wants' NPRFox's prime time stars are telling Trump that the impeachment hearings are a 'disaster' for Democrats CNNColumn: First day of Trump impeachment was goons vs. diplomats Los Angeles TimesJason Chaffetz: Why Schiff's whistleblower claims at Trump impeachment hearing are impossible to believe Fox NewsOPINION | […]
Iran earthquake: Five killed and hundreds injured
At least five people have been killed and hundreds more injured in an earthquake in north-western Iran, officials say.The 5.9-magnitude tremor struck in the early hours of Friday in East Azerbaijan province, Iran’s Seismological Center said.Most of the injuries were caused by crowd stampedes, state-run TV reports.Iran sits on two major tectonic plates and is prone to frequent seismic activity.In 2003, a 6.6-magnitude earthquake destroyed the historic city of Bam in the south-east of the country, killing 26,000 people.
More recently, in 2017, a magnitude 7 earthquake hit the Iran-Iraq border region, killing 600 people and injuring more than 9,000.It struck near the town of Tark, some 400km (250 miles) north-west of the capital Tehran, at 02:17 local time (22:47 GMT).As well as killing five people, the quake injured 312 – though only a dozen or more of them required treatment in hospital.”Rescue teams and helicopters have been dispatched to the quake-hit areas and hospitals are on full alert to help injured people,” Iran’s emergency medical services chief, Pirhossein Kolivand, told state TV.
State-run IRINN TV said most of the injuries were due to overcrowding as people rushed out of their homes and into the streets in panic.Up to 30 homes were destroyed near the epicentre, it added. More than 60 aftershocks have been reported.Rescue workers are operating in 41 villages, but most of the damage was concentrated in the two villages of Varnakesh and Varzaghan, provincial governor Mohammad-Reza Pourmohammadi was quoted as saying.
Emergency services have been distributing survival kits, cooking equipment, blankets and tents, according to AFP news agency.According to the US Geological Survey, the epicentre of the earthquake was at a depth of 10km, although Iran’s Seismological Center said it was at a depth of 8km. Shallower earthquakes are more likely to The 5.9-magnitude tremor struck in the early hours of Friday, killing five and injuring hundreds. News Today, Breaking News, Breaking news today, US News, UK News, trump news, World news