- Unexploded bomb discovered at British beach, sparking evacuation, reports say - Fox News May 20, 2019Unexploded bomb discovered at British beach, sparking evacuation, reports say Fox NewsBomb squad called to unexploded shell near Beachy Head The ArgusCoastal beauty spot evacuated after bomb discovered at Beachy Head ExpressView full coverage on Google News
- 11 people killed in gun attack at bar in Brazil: reports - Fox News May 20, 201911 people killed in gun attack at bar in Brazil: reports Fox News11 people reported killed in gun attack at Brazil bar Aljazeera.comBrazil officials say 11 dead in ‘massacre' at Belém bar USA TODAYMass shooting at Brazilian bar leaves 11 people dead New York Post 11 people reportedly killed in shooting at a bar in Brazil Business InsiderView full coverage […]
- Brexit: New UK PM will not alter withdrawal deal - Coveney - BBC News May 20, 2019Brexit: New UK PM will not alter withdrawal deal - Coveney BBC NewsCorbyn says he 'won't support new attempt at Brexit deal' Guardian NewsTories Turn to Leadership Race as May Puts Up One More Fight BloombergThe Guardian view on Theresa May’s Brexit options: stark – and getting starker The GuardianTheresa May’s ‘bold offer’ on Brexit is nothing to get […]
- Iraqi Shiite figures warn US-Iran war could 'burn' Iraq - Fox News May 20, 2019Iraqi Shiite figures warn US-Iran war could 'burn' Iraq Fox NewsTrump says war will mean 'official end of Iran,' warns 'never threaten the United States again' Fox NewsIraq: Rocket attack hits Baghdad's Green Zone | Al Jazeera English Al Jazeera EnglishOn Iran strategy, Donald Trump replaces Barack Obama’s mirage with containment USA TODAYDemocrats will pick a fight with Trump […]
- Out with the old kilogram, in with the new -- scientists introduce more accurate measure - CNN May 20, 2019Out with the old kilogram, in with the new -- scientists introduce more accurate measure CNNWhat is the new standard for the kilogram, how are scientists redefining the kilogram and when does the The SunView full coverage on Google News
- Turkey seeks 249 suspects over cheating at ministry exam - Fox News May 20, 2019Turkey seeks 249 suspects over cheating at ministry exam Fox NewsAuthorities in Turkey have issued detention warrants for 249 people as part of an investigation into alleged cheating during exams to recruit staff to the country's ...View full coverage on Google News
Related Tags 'Trump
- There are current no articles for this topic or there's a problem with this feed. Please check your settings.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned that the Trump administration’s defiance of subpoenas could be an impeachable offense, even as the top White House lawyer instructed his predecessor not to comply with a subpoena from House Democrats.
White House Counsel Pat Cipollone said in a letter Tuesday to the House Judiciary Committee that President Donald Trump may want to assert executive privilege over the documents the panel is seeking from former counsel Don McGahn.
At the same time, Trump’s Justice Department is pushing back against a separate subpoena from the House Judiciary Committee for the full, unredacted version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report.
Trump and his Republican allies are trying to move past the Mueller probe, with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell calling it “case closed” in a floor speech Tuesday.
But Pelosi made clear that Democrats plan to press their multiple investigations of the president, accusing Trump of “goading” House Democrats into trying to remove him from office.
One of the articles of impeachment against President Richard Nixon was based on ignoring subpoenas from Congress, the speaker said Tuesday during an event at Cornell University.
“That could be part of an impeachable offense” against Trump, Pelosi said. “Every day he’s obstructing justice by saying this one should testify, that one shouldn’t testify.”
The Trump administration has been rebuffing House Democrats’ demands for testimony and documents, with Trump saying last month that “we’re fighting all the subpoenas.”
Questioning McGahn took on additional importance since the former White House counsel provided Mueller a detailed account about Trump’s attempt to have the special counsel removed from his post. The White House gave McGahn permission to speak with Mueller.
The House Judiciary Committee subpoenaed McGahn last month with a Tuesday deadline to comply with the records request. Cipollone told the committee to redirect its subpoena to the White House. His letter said White House acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney instructed McGahn not to hand over the records.
A lawyer for McGahn, William Burck, said he told his client to honor the White House request, unless the committee and Trump administration reach an agreement.
Attorney General William Barr missed a separate deadline on Monday to comply with the Judiciary panel subpoena for the the full Mueller report on Russian election-meddling and the Trump campaign. After committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler scheduled a vote to hold Barr in contempt, the Justice Department agreed to hold further talks Tuesday on the dispute.
The House is justified in seeking the full Mueller report “in order to exercise all of the powers of Congress, including impeachment,” Pelosi said at Cornell.
Pelosi said following “the facts and the law” will lead Congress to the correct action to take in response to Trump’s actions documented in the Mueller report. She said any case against Trump must be built not only in congressional committees, but also in the court of public opinion.
“He is just trying to goad us into impeachment, and wherever you go, I say to my colleagues — whatever it is, be ready,” the California Democrat said.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2TwO8Gm
TICTOC ON SOCIAL:
Follow TicToc on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tictoc
Like TicToc on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tictoc
Follow TicToc on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tictoc
Watch all of TicToc’s videos: https://www.tictoc.video/
Listen to TicToc’s podcast: https://apple.co/2D3Vta7
Subscribe to our newsletter: https://bit.ly/2FJ0oQZ
TicToc by Bloomberg is global news for the life you lead. We are a 24/7 news network that covers breaking news, politics, technology, business and entertainment stories from around the globe, supported by a network of Bloomberg’s 2,700 journalists across 120 countries.