- Cyclone Idai: 300 to 400 bodies washed up on Mozambique road, eyewitness says - CNN March 22, 2019Cyclone Idai: 300 to 400 bodies washed up on Mozambique road, eyewitness says CNNCyclone Idai: How the storm tore into southern Africa BBC NewsDeath toll rises after cyclone drowns Mozambique ABC NewsDeath Toll Rises From Cyclone Idai As Rescuers Struggle To Reach Those Stranded NPRMany in need of rescue after southern African cyclone | Al Jazeera English Al Jazeera EnglishView […]
- Syria condemns Trump's stance on Golan Heights sovereignty - Aljazeera.com March 22, 2019Syria condemns Trump's stance on Golan Heights sovereignty Aljazeera.comIsraeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Thanks Trump For Golan Heights Recognition | TIME TIMEGolan Heights, Brexit, N.C.A.A. Basketball: Your Friday Briefing The New York TimesTrump support of Golan Heights sovereignty and Netanyahu visit continue US special relationship with Israel Fox NewsIsrael’s Golan Heights The Wall Street JournalView full coverage on Google News
- Two US service members killed in Afghanistan - Fox News March 22, 2019Two US service members killed in Afghanistan Fox NewsUS forces say 2 American service members killed in Afghanistan New York Post 2 US troops killed on a mission in Afghanistan CNNAfghanistan conflict: Two US soldiers killed on operation BBC NewsTwo U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan, NATO coalition says The Washington PostView full coverage on Google News
- "We knew we'd be blown up one day": China chemical plant blast kills dozens, injures hundreds, triggers small earthquake - CBS News March 22, 2019"We knew we'd be blown up one day": China chemical plant blast kills dozens, injures hundreds, triggers small earthquake CBS NewsChina chemical blast death toll rises to 47 BBC NewsChemical factory blast in China's Jiangsu kills 47 QuartzDozens dead after chemical plant explosion in China CBS NewsXi Jinping Orders Rescue Effort After Chemical Plant Blast Kills 47 BloombergView full coverage […]
- Rosenstein letter offers potential road map to special counsel Robert Mueller's probe - ABC News March 22, 2019Rosenstein letter offers potential road map to special counsel Robert Mueller's probe ABC NewsSessions returns to DOJ to receive his Cabinet chair Washington ExaminerJeff Sessions honored by Justice Department officials past and present, given Cabinet chair CBS NewsJeff Sessions, mocked then fired by President Trump, returns to Justice for applause and a chair USA TODAYJeff Sessions returns to Justice […]
- Kosovo grapples with bloody past 20 years after NATO's first war - NBC News March 22, 2019Kosovo grapples with bloody past 20 years after NATO's first war NBC NewsKosovo is one of the most pro-American places on Earth thanks to a U.S.-led bombing campaign that began 20 years ago Sunday.
Related Tags 14.03.2019
- United Kingdom News and Weather Video March 18, 20195 ... […]
- Katsina Gov’s Mother-In-law Freed by Her Abductors March 15, 2019“I am very happy to inform you that the mother in- law of His Excellency, Aminu Masari, has been released by her abductors yesterday 14/03/2019 by 16: […]
- Bullion Banks Appear Ready To Slam Gold Imminently - David Brady (14/03/2019) March 15, 2019When the Fed reverts to QE and the dollar tanks, gold and everything else will soar. Economic activity and tax receipts are falling. The Daily Sentime […]
- CORRECTION: Borregaard: Mandatory notification of trade - options, repurchase of own shares March 15, 2019This is a correction of the announcement from 16:57 14.03.2019 CET. Reason for the correction: In the announcement dated 14 March 2019 it was incorrec […]
- Argentina’s agro-food sector is growing remarkably, but agriculture policies are not keeping pace March 15, 201914/03/2019 - The Argentinian agro-food sector has grown remarkably over the past thirty years, driven by innovation, an abundance of young, well-educa […]
- 50 Shades of Rainbow with the new Generation of Corona RGB Upgrade Kits March 14, 201914.03.2019 - Warsaw, Poland - The European PC case and cooling manufacturer SilentiumPC, introduces the new Sigma HP Corona RGB 120 Kit, a product tha […]
- DWTS judge Tristan and wife, Tahnya welcome a baby boy March 14, 2019Hello beautiful boy. 14/03/2019," she wrote. "Oisín Lír MacManus We love you beyond measure." The couple also share a daughter, two-yea […]
- BREAKING: Abductors free Gov Masari’s 80-year-old mother in-law March 14, 2019Spokesman for the Command, SP Gambo Isah, who confirmed her release, said in a statement, “I am very happy to inform you that the the mother in- law o […]
- Alessandra Pastore • Head of industry, Meeting Point – Vilnius March 14, 201914/03/2019 - Cineuropa talked to Alessandra Pastore about her new role as head of industry at Meeting Point – Vilnius With Talents Nest, you will also […]
- DGAP-News: Aroundtown SA places USD 600 million fixed rate notes due 2029 under EMTN Programme March 14, 2019DGAP-News: Aroundtown SA / Key word(s): Real Estate/Bond Aroundtown SA places USD 600 million fixed rate notes due 2029 under EMTN Programme 14.03.201 […]
- DGAP-News: GN Store Nord A/S: Final transactions in relation to share buyback program March 14, 2019DGAP-News: GN Store Nord A/S / Key word(s): Share Buyback GN Store Nord A/S: Final transactions in relation to share buyback program 14.03.2019 / 17:1 […]
- Daily News 14 / 03 / 2019 March 14, 2019Third Brussels Conference "Supporting the future of Syria and the region" – Day 3 Financial markets: Commission grants exceptions to the Chi […]
News.am-ը սոցիալական ցանցերում՝
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/newsamarm/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/newsam_english
Instagram – https://www.insagram.com/news.am
Dismantling of cafes built in the area near the Opera House in downtown Yerevan resumed on Thursday. Yerevan Municipality issued a statement with respect to its plan to restore the green space around Liberty Square and sent notifications to cafés leasing these areas with a proposal to give up part of the territories they lease.
This proposal, however, has infuriated the proprietors of these cafés. They said that many people will lose jobs because of municipality’s decision.
The situation near Opera House became tense after protesters blocked several adjacent streets on Thursday morning. Repeated clashes between police and demonstrators continued. Sixteen people were detained and released later in the day. One police officer and one demonstrator were hospitalized.
Karabakh Foreign Minister Masis Mailyan briefed the OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Slovak Foreign Minister Miroslav on approaches of Karabakh during their meeting on Wednesday evening.
According to the minister, during the meeting, the recent statement by the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs was not discussed, although many of its provisions were subject to review.
Mailyan noted that the co-chairs reiterated the principles and elements that have been talked about for many years, while Karabakh’s position is that the time has come to refuse the age-old principles and make new and realistic proposals.
ARMENIA BANS IMPORT OF RIGHT-HAND DRIVE VEHICLES
The Armenian parliament approved in the second reading amendments to the law banning the import of right-hand drive vehicles.
According to the amendments, right-hand drive vehicles, which are on the territory of customs checkpoints and were purchased prior to December 31, 2018, can be imported by May 1, 2019.
STATE DEPARTMENT ISSUES HUMAN RIGHTS REPORT
The new Armenian government launched a series of investigations to prosecute systemic government corruption, says the Report on Human Rights Practices for 2018 issued by State Department.
The reports points to human rights problems in Armenia, but at the same time notes that the new government took steps to investigate and punish abuse.
The report says following the post “velvet revolution” release of certain individuals considered by some local human rights NGOs to be political detainees, there were no reports of political prisoners or detainees in the country.
The same report on Azerbaijan mentions that persons with Armenian names were often subjected to additional inspection at border crossing points. Such persons are often denied entry into the country.
The report on Turkey also notes that Armenians remain the subject of hate speech and discrimination in Turkey, and the term “Armenian” remained a common slur.
ARMENIA BANS BOEING 737 MAX
The Civil Aviation Committee of Armenia has decided to prohibit Boeing 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9–type planes’ operation in the country’s airspace for one month.
Considering the security bulletin which the European Aviation Safety Agency has issued, as well as the Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) the Civil Aviation Committee of Armenia has made a decision to prohibit Boeing 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9–type planes’ operation in the country’s airspace, from March 13 to April 13.