Like Us On Facebook
- Exxon says N.Y. used fraud claims to score political points - Chron November 19, 2019Exxon says N.Y. used fraud claims to score political points Chron […]
- I'm A Celebrity: Eagle-eyed fans claim they can spot Donald Trump's FACE in Nadine Coyle's KNEES - Daily Mail November 19, 2019I'm A Celebrity: Eagle-eyed fans claim they can spot Donald Trump's FACE in Nadine Coyle's KNEES Daily Mail […]
- John Terry responds to claim he vetoed Chelsea's deal for Sergio Aguero - Metro.co.uk November 19, 2019John Terry responds to claim he vetoed Chelsea's deal for Sergio Aguero Metro.co.uk […]
- Anderson Cooper Debunks Donald Trump's Testimony Claim: Must Think We're All Idiots - HuffPost November 19, 2019Anderson Cooper Debunks Donald Trump's Testimony Claim: Must Think We're All Idiots HuffPost […]
- FactWatch: Testing the bite of Jeremy Corbyn's claim about the cost of dental treatment - Evening Standard November 19, 2019FactWatch: Testing the bite of Jeremy Corbyn's claim about the cost of dental treatment Evening Standard […]
- Pence's national security adviser says he heard 'nothing wrong or improper' on Trump-Zelensky call - Fox News November 19, 2019Pence's national security adviser says he heard 'nothing wrong or improper' on Trump-Zelensky call Fox NewsHear Jennifer Williams' full opening remarks CNNDiscussing political investigation with Ukraine is 'not what we recommend': Morrison | ABC News ABC NewsJennifer Williams's account of Pence-Zelensky meeting undercuts Democrats' case Washington ExaminerPutin is making a move while America is distracted | TheHill The HillView full […]
- U.S. Senate Unanimously Passes Measure Backing Hong Kong - Bloomberg November 19, 2019U.S. Senate Unanimously Passes Measure Backing Hong Kong BloombergProtesters and police locked in tense standoff at Hong Kong university CBS NewsWhat's left of one Hong Kong university after hundreds of protesters fled CNNStaring into Hong Kong's future today | TheHill The HillFor the sake of Hong Kong's future, a political resolution must be found Telegraph.co.ukView full coverage on Google News
- Dutch authorities find 25 migrants in refrigerated container aboard ship - Fox News November 19, 2019Dutch authorities find 25 migrants in refrigerated container aboard ship Fox NewsFerry crew find 25 stowaways in UK-bound refrigerated container BBC News25 Migrants Found Alive In Refrigerated Truck On Dutch-UK Ferry NDTV NewsDozens of migrants found in refrigerated container on ferry The GuardianLorry carrying 25 migrants in ‘refrigerated container’ found on ferry travelling to the UK The SunView full coverage […]
- Corbyn Says UK Monarchy Needs `Improvement - Bloomberg Politics November 19, 2019Corbyn Says UK Monarchy Needs `Improvement Bloomberg PoliticsBoris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn clash in ITV election debate over 'NHS for sale' claim – as it happened The GuardianWhat would Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn get each other for Christmas? The TelegraphThe election debate: who came out on top? The panel verdict The GuardianWho won the ITV general election debate? […]
- Oxford Union debate: President resigns over blind student row - BBC News November 19, 2019Oxford Union debate: President resigns over blind student row BBC NewsView full coverage on Google News
New York City’s chief medical examiner said her office stands by its conclusion that Jeffrey Epstein’s cause of death was suicide by hanging.
Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson’s statement follows claims made by a doctor paid by the Epstein family challenging that conclusion.
“Our investigation concluded that the cause of Mr. Epstein’s death was hanging and the manner of death was suicide. We stand by that determination,” Sampson said.
“We continue to share information around the medical investigation with Mr. Epstein’s family, their representatives, and their pathology consultant. The original medical investigation was thorough and complete. There is no reason for a second medical investigation by our office.”
The comments come after Dr. Michael Baden, a former NYC medical examiner, claimed on “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday morning that findings in Epstein’s autopsy were “more consistent with ligature homicidal strangulation.”
Baden echoed remarks from Epstein’s attorneys in August in which the legal team said it had received opinions that Epstein suffered injuries consistent with a fatal assault. Baden was present at the official autopsy on August 11.On “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday, Baden specifically noted that Epstein had broken several bones in his neck, which he said was more consistent with strangulation than with hanging.
However, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said in August that multiple neck fractures means the cause is less likely to be strangulation alone.
“In strangulation, while you can break the hyoid bone, it is less likely to actually break bones in the neck,” Gupta said. “By hanging, someone can break both the hyoid bone and other bones in the neck. None of these factors in isolation give you a complete story.”
Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, also said the hyoid bone is a weak, fragile structure, and it can break from a hanging. A fractured hyoid bone does not necessarily indicate a homicide, Kobilinsky said.
The medical examiner’s initial determination on his cause of death came almost a week after the multimillionaire was found dead in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, where the 66-year-old was awaiting trial on federal charges accusing him of sexually abusing underage girls and running a sex trafficking ring. He had pleaded not guilty to the charges.
US Attorney General William Barr has said there were “serious irregularities” at the facility where Epstein was held.