Like Us On Facebook
- Parents of teen killed in car crash will travel to US to call for suspected driver's return to UK - CNN International October 12, 2019Parents of teen killed in car crash will travel to US to call for suspected driver's return to UK CNN International […]
- Parents of UK teen killed in car crash call on Trump to return US diplomat's wife - CNN International October 8, 2019Parents of UK teen killed in car crash call on Trump to return US diplomat's wife CNN International […]
- Boris Johnson will talk to US about diplomat's wife after fatal car crash - CNN International October 7, 2019Boris Johnson will talk to US about diplomat's wife after fatal car crash CNN International […]
- UK's Johnson urges return of U.S. diplomat's wife over fatal crash - Yahoo News October 7, 2019UK's Johnson urges return of U.S. diplomat's wife over fatal crash Yahoo News […]
- US diplomat's wife was driving on the wrong side of the road before her fatal UK crash, police say - CNN October 6, 2019US diplomat's wife was driving on the wrong side of the road before her fatal UK crash, police say CNN […]
- French tourist dies trying to take selfie at Thai waterfall - CNN November 15, 2019French tourist dies trying to take selfie at Thai waterfall CNNView full coverage on Google News
- Impeachment hearing live: Public hearing testimony from Marie Yovanovitch to House Intelligence Committee today — live updates - CBS News November 15, 2019Impeachment hearing live: Public hearing testimony from Marie Yovanovitch to House Intelligence Committee today — live updates CBS NewsMarie Yovanovitch will testify Friday in the Trump impeachment hearings. Here's what to expect. Business InsiderTrump cared more about investigating Biden than Ukraine, key witness reveals The GuardianDemocrats would be better off without lying Adam Schiff at the helm of […]
- Flooded Venice battles new tidal surge - BBC News November 15, 2019Flooded Venice battles new tidal surge BBC NewsView full coverage on Google News
- 5 things to know for November 15: School shooting, impeachment, Gaza, Chile, plague - CNN November 15, 20195 things to know for November 15: School shooting, impeachment, Gaza, Chile, plague CNN
- Jessica Tarlov: Impeachment hearings confirm Trump’s misconduct, despite his denials - Fox News November 15, 2019Jessica Tarlov: Impeachment hearings confirm Trump’s misconduct, despite his denials Fox NewsRussian spies likely intercepted ambassador's cell phone call with Trump CNNColumn: First day of Trump impeachment was goons vs. diplomats Los Angeles TimesImpeachment inquiry ill-conceived from the beginning USA TODAYJason Chaffetz: Why Schiff's whistleblower claims at Trump impeachment hearing are impossible to believe Fox NewsView full coverage on Google […]
A State Department official told lawmakers that Rudy Giuliani’s attacks were part of a “campaign of lies” against the former Ukraine ambassador, according to a transcript released Thursday.
Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent testified that President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer’s actions contributed to his decision not to speak out internally about Giuliani in the run up to the July phone call between Trump and the Ukrainian President. Kent, who oversees US policy on Ukraine, told lawmakers that he did not the speak to anyone at State to express his concerns about Giuliani because he had previously been told to “keep my head down” after Giuliani attacked him by name.
“I did not, in part because after Giuliani attacked me, as well as (then-US ambassador to Ukraine Marie) Yovanovitch and the entire embassy, in his late May interview, I was told to keep my head down and lower my profile in Ukraine,” Kent testified in October.
Kent’s testimony provides new insight into how then-US special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker and US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland worked with Giuliani on Ukraine, as well as the reactions inside the State Department to Giuliani’s efforts that Kent and others say ran counter to US foreign policy. The three coordinated a draft statement for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce investigations into the 2016 election and Burisma, the company that hired former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden.